"It was exciting and just a major, major compliment…I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen." - Lupita Nyong’o on being named People Magazine’s Most Beautiful
I, for one, welcome our future Indian-Chinese lesbian cyborg president.
people that point out acne:
- pack ur bags
- buy a plane ticket
- go to hell
do you remember the scene where Steve shows page from his notebook with all the things he missed while he’d been napping? so, this page is different for Russia. here it is
moreover, I found another 7 versions.
version for South Korea
page for France
list for Spain
quite interesting, isn’t it? let me know if there are other versions)
update! Australian list (via idkvader)
Update №2! page for Brazil. (via doctorwhoses)
Here’s Hari Kondabolu on Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell in a segment he refers to in his recent interview on Fresh Air.
Kondabolu comments on the National Spelling Bee, or as he likes to call it, “the Indian Super Bowl.”
oh my god I’m so sick of the Miley Cyrus conversation ok
Miley isn’t a feminist icon because she uses black women as accessories, is culturally appropriative, objectifies black women, uses slurs, and hasn’t apologized for any of it. NOT because she dresses scandalously or expresses her sexuality.
Stop ignoring racism in the name of sexual politics.
Feminist “icons” are not feminist icons if they contribute to the marginalization of women. End of debate. Bye.
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”.” — h0wlinggh0st (via dishevelment)
if everybody got a free miniature animal at birth that protected you, like a tiny elephant or dragon, the world would be a better place.
write a book
You could call it The Golden Compass
If you don’t strategically eat your food so that the last bites to go in your mouth are the tastiest look at your choices